The application period for 2018-2019 enrollment opens October 1, 2017.
IMPORTANT: Integrity is required for a successful DASH audition. Work presented in sketchbooks and portfolios must be recent and original, prepared by the applicant only and not by any other person. Portfolios will be compared with audition day drawings. If work is judged by the experienced DASH art teachers as inconsistent (having been completed by more than one artist's hand), the applicant may be disqualified.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EDUCATIONAL SUCCESS:
- 2017 Magnet Schools of America: DASH recognized with Excellence
- U.S.Department of Education: DASH is a 2016 NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL
- U.S.News & World Report: DASH ranks gold among Nation's Best High Schools
- Young Arts: 3 DASH students (among 20 nationwide) are 2016 Presidential Scholars
- Young Arts: 1 DASH student (among 20 nationwide) is a 2014 Presidential Scholar
- Young Arts: 2 DASH students (among 20 nationwide) are 2013 Presidential Scholars
DASH complies with the eligibility requirements for all MDCPS Visual & Performing Arts Magnets:
Minimum of 2.0 grade point average in core academic classes
Minimum grade of C in conduct
All effort grades in core academic classes must be a 2 or higher
Placement is based on audition/interview results